On May 18, 2023, the New York Division of Human Rights released the following updated sexual harassment prevention content for employers:
- Model Prevention Policy
- The updated sexual harassment model policy has a version date of May 18, 2023.
- The minimum standards for sexual harassment prevention policies have no version date.
- Model Prevention Policy Notice
- The sexual harassment prevention poster has a revision date of October 2019.
- Model Complaint Form
- The complaint form for reporting sexual harassment has no version date.
- Model Training Requirements
- The model sexual harassment prevention training version date is “updated 2023.”
- The model training slide deck version date is “2023 edition.”
- The minimum standards for sexual harassment prevention training have a revision date of October 2019.
- Training Videos
- The sexual harassment prevention training video has a version date of 2023.
- The sexual harassment prevention training answer sheet has no version date.
Every employer in New York State is required to adopt a sexual harassment prevention policy, post a notice about it, provide a complaint form for employees to report sexual harassment, and provide sexual harassment prevention training. Employers that don’t use the state’s model policy, notice, complaint form, or training must ensure that whatever method they use meets or exceeds the state’s minimum standards.